Light to the spine.
icotec is leading the industry with spinal implants tailored to support the treatment of spinal tumors. BlackArmor® is a high-strength, non-metallic and biocompatible material developed by icotec. Its radiolucency enables a better delineation of the tumor from the healthy tissue and thereby improves radiation therapy planning, facilitates tumor treatment and simplifies the post-surgical care.
High tech fights spinal tumors.
- BlackArmor® Carbon/PEEK material: nonmetallic, radiolucent and with high mechanical strength
- Radiolucency as enabler for improved visualization of tissue (bone and nerves) in all diagnostic imaging techniques (X-Ray, CT, MRI) and in therapeutical applications (photon- and proton therapy in tumors)
- Precise and homogeneous planning and application of the irradiation dose
- Reduced allergy risk compared to metal implants
- 15 years clinical track record in spinal and fracture care applications
Multiple benefits during radiation therapy and clinical follow up.
BlackArmor® implants by icotec
Engineered and manufactured in Switzerland.
- Material and technology developed at the famous ETH Zurich Technical University of Zürich (top positions in global rankings for science and engineering)
- Swiss Med-Tech – industry for highest reliability and precision
- BlackArmor® material – engineered and manufactured in Switzerland to the highest quality standards.