KONG®-C VBR M
Recognizing what usually remains hidden
The rough Ti-iT® titanium coating and the radiolucent BlackArmor® material make the KONG®-C VBR M vertebral body replacement a unique implant for the cervical spine. In particular, the KONG®-C VBR M paves the way for new perspectives and treatment approaches in tumor/radiation therapy.
Scope of Application
- Replacement of a diseased or damaged cervical vertebral body due to trauma or tumor among other reasons, with the aim of decompressing the spinal cord and restoring the patient’s anatomy.
Detailed descriptions of the indications and precautions can be found in the relevant surgical technique.
Benefits and Characteristics
- Radiolucent BlackArmor® material for
- optimized imaging in X-rays, CT, and MRI
- exact delineation and time-saving planning of the radiation dose for radiation therapy
- Optimal adaptation to the patient anatomy
- due to the modular design of the implant which permits a variety of possible components combinations
- end plates with different footprints and lordotic angles can be assembled in different combinations
- due to the anatomic curvature of the implant body
KONG®-C VBR M End Plates
End Plates, made of BlackArmor® Carbon/PEEK
Size Height Angle* Reference Number 14 x 13 mm 5.5 mm 0º 12-80-001413 16 x 13 mm 5.5 mm 0º 12-80-001613 18 x 14 mm 5.5 mm 0º 12-80-001814 14 x 13 mm 5.5 mm 3º 12-80-301413 16 x 13 mm 5.5 mm 3º 12-80-301613 18 x 14 mm 5.5 mm 3º 12-80-301814 14 x 13 mm 5.5 mm 6º 12-80-601413 16 x 13 mm 5.5 mm 6º 12-80-601613 18 x 14 mm 5.5 mm 6º 12-80-601814
* The angles of the end plates do not influence the implant height.